Microblading By Tamara
Gorgeous Eyebrows with Semi Permanent makeup
Performed at Seasons Salon & Spa
115 East Schaumburg Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Gorgeous Eyebrows with Semi Permanent makeup
Performed at Seasons Salon & Spa
115 East Schaumburg Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Tamara has been in the Beauty industry for 30 years as a cosmetologist. She has now been Microblading Eyebrows for 3 1/2 years. She specializes in natural looking eyebrows and believes the natural look is best. You can read reviews from her happy customers right here - https://www.facebook.com/pg/eyebrowsbytamara/reviews/
Tamara has also started her own Online Boutique!
With her passion for supporting women in business and having her own handmade jewelry line for over 12 years, she decided to start a boutique featuring a wide selection of unique items from clothing, purses and shoes to hand poured candles and gift ideas.
Glamorous Hippie was born and named appropriately because of her beach hippie style with a side of sparkle and glamour. Shop her collection at the salon or at her 2 websites -
Add this if you want a "filled in" or
"powder" look along with Microblading hair strokes. This is great for oily skin - shading stays better on oily skin.
A touchup is only booked and pairs with the first appointment of Microblading. This is Performed 5-6 weeks after initial appointment - ONLY for clients who had Initial procedure with Tamara. This appointment is NOT to be booked for yearly "touchups". That is a COLOR REFRESH.
*required for optimal results after your first appointment
Yearly Color Refresh of your pigment and shape within 12 months of your Microblading and touchup with Tamara.
*Do NOT book this if you've never seen Tamara before but have previous PMU. You would book first time client Refresh.
Get your color refresh with added shading done for that "filled in" or "powder" look. This service should be done if you have oily skin. Shading along with Microblading stays better with oily skin.
A color refresh within 1-2 years after your initial Microblading with Tamara.
**Also - Choose this option if you have previous Semi-Permanent makeup not done with Tamara and this is your first time seeing her. Please email Tamara a picture of your eyebrows for this service.
After 2 years, it is considered a new Microblading service
Get a beautiful eyeliner at the lash line, no wing, this is a natural eyeliner look.
Follow up appointment to touchup Top Eyeliner after 4-6 weeks
Natural bottom eyeliner, this is done below the wet line.
Give your natural lashes a lift and a tint with a sort of "perm" for your lashes. Your lashes are curled back onto silicone rods that are placed on your eyelids and tinted afterwards. This is a beautiful result if you have some nice lashes to begin with.
PLEASE ONLY BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN COME! Serious appointments only. A Credit card is required to hold your appointment and a $50 non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Balance is due at time of service. If you cancel within 72 hours of your appointment you will be charged 50% of your appointment fee so PLEASE make sure you can come when booking. . We accept cash, check or credit.
A $175 NO SHOW fee will be charged if you fail to show up for your appointment. OR CANCEL DAY OF. 2 1/2 hours is booked for this appointment. Not showing up makes for a huge loss of time and the inability to book another appointment in that time slot.
Microblading is a less invasive form of permanent makeup (think brow tattoo, reinvented!) that uses a disposable manual hand tool with ‘microblades’ that deposit semi-permanent pigment into the superficial dermis of the skin. Microblading creates the most natural looking eyebrows by creating crisp hair strokes to mimic your natural eyebrow hair. This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows.
Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 4-6 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours. During this time, a
consultation is done where we discuss your desired brow look, choose a colour tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say, BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a TOUCH-UP appointment. The touch up takes approximately 1 1/2 hour. Touch ups are done 5-6 weeks after your first appointment. If you do not schedule your touchup within 6 weeks, you will be required to pay a Refresh fee outlined in our menu services.
• 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E, or Fish Oil, unless medically necessary.
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined, so save yourself the hassle!
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
* DO NOT have any chemical peels 2 weeks before or use Retin A on your face for the week before. Do not get any chemcial peels or laser treatment during the healing process afterwards.
• History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
• Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
• Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Accutane in the past year
• Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health.
• Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
The pigment used in microblading is semi-permanent and can last between 1-2 years. The pigment will begin to fade within 12 months. In order to keep your brows looking fresh, a color Refresh is recommended within a year of your touchup, but everyone is different and holds the pigment different. Depending on skin type, care of area, lifestyle, etc. Expect to have them refreshed once a year and the refresh price applies. After 2 years, full price for microblading will apply.
For clients that choose a softer look and lighter color shade initially or those who did not follow the after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
Factors that will cause your microbladed brow tattoo fade faster:
* Excessive sweating (hot yoga, heavy workouts)
* Iron deficiency
* Sun exposure
* Exfoliants, peels
* Exposure to salt water
* Exposure to chlorine (swimmers)
Technically, semi-permanent micro-pigmentation is considered permanent because the colour is implanted into the upper dermal layer of the skin and cannot be washed off. However, the pigment is implanted more superficially than a traditional tattoo, so it naturally fades over time.
We take every precaution necessary to ensure the microblading procedure is as pain free as possible. A strong topical anaesthetic cream is used prior to and during the procedure to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable while others report no discomfort at all.
Immediately after your microblading procedure and in the first 10 days, your brows will appear significantly darker and defined than perhaps your desired look. It may continue to get darker over the next few days as the pigment oxidizes and the Microblading is healing, however this is not an accurate indication of the finished and healed result. 30-50% of your brow color will fade as your brows heal within 7-10 days. In some cases, clients will get scabs or flaking, DO NOT PICK YOUR SCABS OR SCRATCH THE FLAKES. The pigment is within the scab and you do not want to pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. We all heal differently and what works on one client may not be effective on another so please do not compare your results.
The complete healing process takes approximately 6 weeks.
We choose a colour together by applying small amounts of different coloured pigments to the skin near to your brows and selecting the best match for your skin tone, features and personal preference. As a rule of thumb, we closely match the color of your brow hair rather than your current hair color for the most natural results.
We use iron oxide pigments that will fade over time and are naturally absorbed by the skin. Iron oxides are innocuous, harmless and perfectly safe for your skin.
No you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant in case of infection.
The area can be a little sore for the first few hours and tender to touch for a couple days.
Microblading can be done over an existing brow tattoo, however the old tattoo must be significantly faded for the hair strokes to show through and look natural. Please advise if you have an existing tattoo and submit a picture to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.
NO! Semi-Permanent makeup is done using a cosmetic tattooing process and our eyebrow pigmentation unique artistry guarantees soft, natural looking eyebrows. When we implant semi-permanent makeup pigment in the skin, it appears more natural looking than topically applied cosmetics.
During the procedure there may be some minor bleeding. This depends on the client. If you take blood thinners on a daily basis, then some slight bleeding
may occur. Bruising is rare but can occur. There is usually some tenderness for a few days.
PLEASE NOTE: THE RESULTS ARE VERY NATURAL AND FULLER LOOKING. INITIALLY, THE BROWS APPEAR DARKER, BUT FADE SIGNIFICANTLY OVER A TWO WEEK PERIOD. IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL TO HAVE A TOUCH UP DONE. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO PREDICT HOW WELL YOUR SKIN WILL RETAIN THE PIGMENT, DUE TO THIS AND MANY OTHER VARYING FACTORS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESULTS.
• For first 7 days only, 2x a day, gently wipe your eyebrows with the wipes Tamara will give you OR a slightly damp cotton ball to remove any lymph weeping and bacteria. Then apply a VERY THIN LAYER (rice grain amount) of the aftercare ointment with clean, washed hands or with sterile Q-Tips. Do not saturate as too much ointment will dissipate the pigment quicker.
• Do not get your brows wet for the first 7 days. This includes saunas, steam rooms/baths or sweat. Apply ointment before showering and avoid putting your face directly under the shower head.
• Apply just enough product to moisten them, if your brows still visibly have product on, there is no need to apply more. Too much product will also cause the scab to lift prematurely and affect the healing process.
• DO NOT pick, scratch or rub your scabs.
• Avoid facial cleansers or soap on brows until all scabbing falls off. We recommend using wash cloths or face wipes to remove makeup and cleanse face. (Not on your eyebrows)
• Do not wear makeup over your brows until scabs have fallen off – usually up to 14 days.
• Avoid working out or sweating profusely until after 14 days. Salt in your sweat will draw the pigment out. No Hot Yoga!
*Do Not go in a sauna, steam room or chlorinated pool for 14 days after procedure.
• Sleep on your back! Rubbing your brows on pillows may cause scabs to come off and produce patchy brow healing.
• Please note there are stages to your brows healing. Initially brows will become very dark, then light – sometimes appearing as though the hair stroke has disappeared – and then color returning once fully healed. Please trust the process! Follow up touchup is required and the entire brow is microbladed again.
* OILY SKIN will dissipate and fade quicker! Blot the area more and keep the area very dry if you have oily skin.