Microblading By Tamara
Gorgeous Eyebrows with Semi Permanent makeup
Performed at Seasons Salon & Spa
115 East Schaumburg Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Gorgeous Eyebrows with Semi Permanent makeup
Performed at Seasons Salon & Spa
115 East Schaumburg Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
PLEASE ONLY BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN COME! Serious appointments only. A Credit card is required to hold your appointment and a $75 non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. You are charged in full at time of service.. If you cancel within 72 hours of your appointment or fail to show up, you will be charged a No show fee so PLEASE make sure you can come when booking. . We accept Zelle, cash, check or credit.
A NO SHOW fee for HALF the service price you were receiving will be incurred if you fail to show for your appointment or cancel within 72 hours. Not showing up makes for a huge loss of time and the inability to book another appointment in that time slot.
Similar to Microblading, but the tool is much thinner for a crisper more natural hairstroke result. Tamara has also perfected the art of her own "nano" blading technique with "tapping" in the hair stroke for those who are not candidates for the strokes because of their skin. Tamara will assess your skin at your appointment. Some light shading will also be added for a natural textured look with this service.
You will most likely need some shading as it is healthier for the skin and most skin types can't handle or don't hold strokes.
Also, Add this if you want a "filled in" or
"powder" look along with Microblading hair strokes. Oily skin clients must get some shading.
A touchup is booked for you by Tamara after your first appointment of Microblading. This is Performed 6-8 weeks after initial appointment - ONLY for clients who had Initial procedure with Tamara.
*required for optimal results after your first appointment
YOU ONLY GET A TOUCHUP ONCE.
Yearly Color Refresh of your pigment and shape within 12 months of your Microblading and touchup with Tamara.
*Do NOT book this if you've never seen Tamara before but have previous PMU. You would book first time client Refresh.
A color refresh within 18 most -2 1/2 years after your initial Microblading with Tamara.
This is for clients who have had Microblading somewhere else. Price will vary depending on state of eyebrows and work needed. A color correction is required to book if you have pigment that healed too warm or ashy. Email a picture of your eyebrows before your appointment to Tamara at firstname.lastname@example.org
After 3 years, it is considered a new Microblading service
This price will vary depending on correction needed. This is for clients who had Microblading elsewhere and needs pigment fixed because its too warm or too ashy.
Get a beautiful eyeliner at the lash line, no wing, this is a natural eyeliner look.
Touchup for eyeliner 6 weeks after initial.
Color Refresh done 1-2 years from initial procedure.
Give your natural lashes a lift and a tint with a sort of "perm" for your lashes. Your lashes are curled back onto silicone rods that are placed on your eyelids and tinted afterwards. This is a beautiful result if you have some nice lashes to begin with.
Tamara has been in the Beauty industry for 30 years as a cosmetologist. She has now been Microblading Eyebrows for over 6 years. She specializes in natural looking eyebrows and believes the natural look is best. Combining The Hair stroke look with shading to preserve your skin is her specialty. You can read reviews from her happy customers right here - https://www.facebook.com/pg/eyebrowsbytamara/reviews/
Tamara has also started her own Online Boutique!
With her passion for supporting women in business and having her own handmade jewelry line for over 12 years, she decided to start a boutique featuring a wide selection of unique items from clothing, purses and shoes to hand poured candles and gift ideas.
Glamorous Hippie was born and named appropriately because of her beach hippie style with a side of sparkle and glamour. Shop her collection at the salon when you visit her
or at her websites -
Microblading is a less invasive form of permanent makeup (think brow tattoo, reinvented!) that uses a disposable manual hand tool with ‘microblades’ that deposit semi-permanent pigment into the superficial dermis of the skin. Microblading creates the most natural looking eyebrows by creating crisp hair strokes to mimic your natural eyebrow hair. This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows.
Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 4-6 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours. During this time, a
consultation is done where we discuss your desired brow look, choose a colour tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say, BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a TOUCH-UP appointment. The touch up takes approximately 1 1/2 hour. Touch ups are done 6-8 weeks after your first appointment. If you do not schedule your touchup within 6 weeks, you will be required to pay a Refresh fee outlined in our menu services.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT?
• 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E, or Fish Oil, unless medically necessary.
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined, so save yourself the hassle!
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
* DO NOT have any chemical peels 2 weeks before or use Retin A on your face for the week before. Do not get any chemcial peels or laser treatment during the healing process afterwards.
• History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
• Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
• Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
• Viral infections and/or diseases
• Pacemaker or major heart problems
• Organ transplant
• Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
• Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
• Accutane in the past year
• Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health.
• Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would NOT make you a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
The pigment used in microblading is semi-permanent and can last between 1-2 years. The pigment will begin to fade within 12 months. In order to keep your brows looking fresh, a color Refresh is recommended within a year of your touchup, but everyone is different and holds the pigment different. Depending on skin type, care of area, lifestyle, etc. Expect to have them refreshed once a year and the refresh price applies. After 2 years, full price for microblading will apply.
For clients that choose a softer look and lighter color shade initially or those who did not follow the after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
Factors that will cause your microbladed brow tattoo fade faster:
* Excessive sweating (hot yoga, heavy workouts)
* Iron deficiency
* Sun exposure
* Exfoliants, peels
* Exposure to salt water
* Exposure to chlorine (swimmers)
Technically, semi-permanent micro-pigmentation is considered permanent because the colour is implanted into the upper dermal layer of the skin and cannot be washed off. However, the pigment is implanted more superficially than a traditional tattoo, so it naturally fades over time.
We take every precaution necessary to ensure the microblading procedure is as pain free as possible. A strong topical anaesthetic cream is used prior to and during the procedure to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable while others report no discomfort at all.
Immediately after your microblading procedure and in the first 10 days, your brows will appear significantly darker and defined than perhaps your desired look. It may continue to get darker over the next few days as the pigment oxidizes and the Microblading is healing, however this is not an accurate indication of the finished and healed result. 30-50% of your brow color will fade as your brows heal within 7-10 days. In some cases, clients will get scabs or flaking, DO NOT PICK YOUR SCABS OR SCRATCH THE FLAKES. The pigment is within the scab and you do not want to pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. We all heal differently and what works on one client may not be effective on another so please do not compare your results.
The complete healing process takes approximately 6 weeks.
We choose a color together by applying small amounts of different coloured pigments to the skin near to your brows and selecting the best match for your skin tone, features and personal preference. As a rule of thumb, we closely match the color of your brow hair rather than your current hair color for the most natural results.
We use iron oxide pigments that will fade over time and are naturally absorbed by the skin. Iron oxides are innocuous, harmless and perfectly safe for your skin.
No you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant in case of infection.
The area can be a little sore for the first few hours and tender to touch for a couple days.
It can be done over an existing brow tattoo, however the old tattoo must be significantly faded for the pigment or hair strokes to show through and look natural. Please advise if you have an existing tattoo and submit a picture to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.
NO! Semi-Permanent makeup is done using a cosmetic tattooing process and our eyebrow pigmentation unique artistry guarantees soft, natural looking eyebrows. When we implant semi-permanent makeup pigment in the skin, it appears more natural looking than topically applied cosmetics.
During the procedure there may be some minor bleeding. This depends on the client. If you take blood thinners on a daily basis, then some slight bleeding
may occur. Bruising is rare but can occur. There is usually some tenderness for a few days.
PLEASE NOTE: THE RESULTS ARE VERY NATURAL AND FULLER LOOKING. INITIALLY, THE BROWS APPEAR DARKER, BUT FADE SIGNIFICANTLY OVER A TWO WEEK PERIOD. IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL TO HAVE A TOUCH UP DONE. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO PREDICT HOW WELL YOUR SKIN WILL RETAIN THE PIGMENT, DUE TO THIS AND MANY OTHER VARYING FACTORS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR RESULTS.
What is normal?
*RESULTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED. EVERYONES SKIN IS DIFFERENT AND YOUR RESULTS WILL DIFFER FROM OTHERS YOU MAY KNOW. Do not compare your results with others. Everyones skin processes the pigment differently, if your skin fades a lot that means your skin is more resistant to the pigment. Thick skin, oily skin, skin that bleeds or has a lot of lymph fluid during treatment, medications, hormone issues or imbalances, and just plain ol - that’s what your skin does! - are all factors that affect pigment retention. This is a SEMI permanent procedure and is meant to be natural, it will not stay perfect and dark like the first week.
DAY OF - Do not apply the healing balm for the first 4 hours after your procedure.
*Itching and flaking may appear during the first 5-10 days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
• Do not scrub, rub or pick at the epithelial crust that forms. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out.
• Do not use any makeup or sunscreen on the brows during the healing process.
* Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep during healing process.
* If you have any pets, DO NOT LET THEM SLEEP on your pillowcase or couch area where your face may touch. Do not let them lick near your face. Although you love them, they walk outside, they walk in a litter box, they have bacteria on their behind and paws and then sit on your things and we don’t want your face near that.
Afterwards, expect -
• Mild discomfort day of in the form of feeling "sunburnt" . Itching when your eyebrows start to heal, light scabbing, and tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
• Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 3-7 days the darkness will fade. If it is too light, dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touchup appointment.
• Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This is normal, all will be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about six weeks.
• A Color Refresh may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. Then yearly to keep them looking fresh and beautiful.
* Everyones skin is different and will heal differently, don’t compare yourself to a friend or internet information. Your results may differ from other peoples and are not guaranteed, as your skin will heal as it may. Doing proper aftercare WILL help for best results for you.
*Oily skin will fade and dissipate sooner than dry skin.
* If you want Shading/Tapping along with Microblading strokes, an extra fee will be applied.